Friday, March 21, 2014

Progress

The sign that guards the whale skeleton


I got the remainder of the snow fencing on the whale this afternoon. The side went on pretty smoothly for the most part. I also reinforced the top spine with wooden dowels (and old broomstick handles), which fixed the issue of parts of the spine sagging in between attachment points.

Zip tying the dowels to the spine
So here's the spine, all covered in snow fencing. There's one spot that seems to be having issues, over on the right-hand end of the skeleton. I need to figure out how to get inside the snow fencing so that I can adjust where that slanted rib attaches to the bottom spine.



Providing I can solve that issue this weekend, as well as cover the whale in garbage bags, I'm scheduled to begin knitting early next week!




No comments:

Post a Comment