Tuesday, April 15, 2014

The Other Half of the Whale Belly

It's the last week of the semester before my final critique, and things are pretty crazy here at school, so blog posts this week will have to be short and sweet. Like me.

Anyway,

I knit the rest of the whale belly! Here's some math:




Basically it was knit in two triangular-ish panels which were then sewn together.





Unfortunately, while I was knitting these pieces, I got to the point where I ran out of the light grey wool, so I couldn't knit them to the full length they were supposed to be. I'll have to wait until my new wool arrives and I can get it dyed before I'll be able to fully complete the underside of the whale.

So, then I blocked it:



I did get this piece sewn onto the skeleton today, but haven't gotten all my pictures uploaded and sorted through yet, so I should have those up within the next couple of days!


No comments:

Post a Comment