Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Work on the Whale Continues

With my other projects (mostly) complete and my final critique behind me, I can now return to work on the whale. My wool has arrived, so I'll be working on starting to dye that hopefully over the next few days.

In terms of the actual knitting that remains, like I've mentioned, I have about one third of the whale knit.  I had to knit the front half of the belly seperately from the back half in order to make the throat grooves, but the sides and top of the whale don't have any specific texture requirements like that. That means that  I should just be able to knit the panels in 28 foot lengths that will span from one end of the whale to the other. Each of these panels can be up to 30 inches wide, so I'll have to knit four of them. They'll each be the full 30 inches at their widest point in the middle of the panel, and then taper on either end.

I'm aiming to get two of these panels knit over the course of the next several days, as I'll be heading out of town on Saturday for a week!

Aaaand another reminder to take a peek at the blog for my graduating class and see what everyone else has been up to! Our graduation events are comprised of a fashion show on May 28th at the LSPU Hall in St. John's, and an exhibition that opens on May 31st at the Anna Templeton Centre and runs for two weeks, where my whale and my other work will be on display!

No comments:

Post a Comment