Thursday, June 12, 2014

What's Next

Well, the end of the exhibition is drawing near, and my official graduation ceremony is looming in the not so distant future of next week. I'd like to thank everyone who made it down to the show to see my whale, and encourage anyone who hasn't seen it to do so! The exhibition will remain open until 6pm on Saturday, June 14th.

And while I'm on the topic of thank yous, there are a number of people to whom I'd like to extend my gratitude for helping with this project in whatever way they did. To the staff at the Anna Templeton Centre, my fellow classmates, and my instructors, especially my knitting instructor, for being understanding and accommodating throughout this whole process; to my friends for liking my Facebook posts and listening to me complain about the difficulties of knitting a whale; and to everyone who offered advice about whale building and blog writing: I am so grateful for all of your help and support. Thank you.

So what's next for Woolly? Well, I'll have to dismantle him once the exhibition ends, but only temporarily. I have more opportunities to exhibit in the works, so keep checking back for updates on where Woolly might end up next!

And what's next for this blog? And for me? After I graduate, I'll have the summer off, and then I plan to return to the Textiles program part-time in the fall to study embroidery and surface embellishment. I discovered a love for embroidering this year throughout the creation of my non-whale pieces of work, and I'm eager to improve my skills and learn more. I'll continue to update this blog with the progression of my textiles adventure, as well as any whale news when it happens.

Detail of "Mockingbird"

"Red Fox Teacups and Saucers" photo by Noah Bender

No comments:

Post a Comment