Monday, February 24, 2014

Hanging Up the Whale Skeleton

Major progress with the whale skeleton over the past few days!

Here I am way up on a ladder, setting up the ropes that the whale is going to hang from during the next few months:


And with that task finished, I could get to work on attaching the spines to the rib pieces.


I'm just using duct tape... it seems to be working out okay. 


A whale shape started to come together very quickly!





And then it was up! It comes out into the room quite a bit further than I had initially imagined it would. Everyone else who's seen it has said the same thing. It's hard to really grasp the scale of the project until it's been put together like this.


The plan for this week is to dye the remainder of the wool, fingers crossed that I can manage to get a consistent colour across all the skeins... it's going to be a challenge, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment